Rose Grant Special Award
The Rose Grant Special Award is an additional award worth up to £500 open to applicants who can show exceptional academic achievement, an outstanding commitment to the community or human rights as well as financial need. This award is given in addition to our usual grant of up to £500.
How to apply
The criteria for a Rose Grant Special Award are that you show:
- academic excellence or outstanding progress;
- a strong commitment to the community and/or to human rights; and
- financial need.
To apply for a Rose Grant Special Award, you will need to complete the same application form as for the ‘standard’ grant, but additionally show how you meet these extra criteria.
You will need to include the following with your application:
- a reference showing a high level of academic excellence or outstanding progress;
- a letter stating, for example, how you have shown a strong commitment to the community where you live, or to human rights;
- proof of this in the form of additional references or other evidence; and
- proof of your financial need. Many students have a limited income, so you need to show in what special circumstances you are studying, and why you are unable to pay the costs of your studies yourself.
Please also read through the 'standard' application guidelines before submitting your form.